TOWN OF FULTON
ACCEPTANCE OF CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS FOR
COUNCIL MEMBER (ALDERMAN) PLACE 3
NOTICE: The Town of Fulton is currently accepting candidate applications from citizens interested in serving as Council Member (Alderman) for Place 3 to fill a two-year unexpired term expiring May 2021. Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the State of Texas for at least twelve (12) months and the Town of Fulton for at least six (6) months.
The deadline for submission of application is Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (NOON). The vacancy will be filled by a majority vote of Council. Applications may be obtained by contacting the City Secretary at 729-5533.
POSTED THIS the 29th day of May 2020, at Fulton Town Hall, 201 N. 7th Street and the U.S. Post Office at 301 Cactus Street, Fulton, TX. TIME: 5:00 p.m. These facilities and parking spaces are wheelchair accessible. These notices are accessible to the public at all times.
To be published in the Rockport Pilot on Saturday, May 30, 2020 and Wednesday, June 3, 2020 Editions.
TOWN OF FULTON
TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
Monday, June 1, 2020 @ 7:00 p.m.
Fulton Council Chambers, 201 N. 7th Street
NOTICE is hereby given that the Fulton Town Council will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday,
June 1, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. at the Fulton Town Council Chambers, 201 North Seventh Street, Fulton, Texas. The following subjects will be discussed to wit:
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE –U.S. Flag and Texas Flag
- OBSERVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE/PRAYER
- CITIZENS TO BE HEARD (PUBLIC FORUM) – “At this time, comments will be taken from the audience on any subject matter that is not on the agenda. To address the Council, please sign the Speaker’s Card located on the table located inside the Council Chambers and deliver to the City Secretary before the meeting begins. In accordance with Open Meetings Act, Council may not discuss or take action on any item which has not been posted on the agenda.”
- CONSENT AGENDA – “All consent agenda items listed are considered to be routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council Member so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.”
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove minutes of Regular Meeting of May 18, 2020.
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove Mayor Kendrick’s credit card statement:
- April 2020
7. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Receive a report and recommendation from Jamison McGlasson regarding the bids for the Fulton Pier Replacement project.
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove bids for the Fulton Pier Replacement project.
- GO INTO CLOSED SESSION:
Convene closed session at_______p.m.
CLOSED MEETING: The Town Council may elect to go into closed session pursuant to Chapter 551, Government Code on any Agenda item where appropriate and particularly Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney) and 551.074 (personnel matters), Government Code. Pursuant to Section 551.087, Government Code; To discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations.
D. RETURN TO OPEN SESSION FROM CLOSED SESSION:
At________p.m. and Discuss/Approve/Disapprove any and all action necessary with regard to the preceding litigation matter(s).
E. Mayor’s update.
- There will be a Neighborhood Watch Meeting held Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at Fulton Community Church, beginning at 6:00 pm.
- The next Regular Fulton Town Council Meeting will be held Monday, June 15, 2020, beginning at 7:00 pm.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s office at 361/729-5533 or by email at email@example.com for further information. Braille Is Not Available. The Town of Fulton reserves the right to convene into Closed Session under Government Code 551.071-551.074 and 551-086.
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at Town Hall, 201 N. Seventh Street, Fulton, Texas, on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. and at the U.S. Post Office located at
301 Cactus Street, Fulton, TX. I further certify that the following News Media were properly notified of this meeting as stated above: The Rockport Pilot.
Stephanie Garcia, City Secretary
Contact: Rick McLester, Emergency Operations Coordinator, 361-790-0100 May 8, 2020
SECOND ROUND OF COVID-19 TESTING
SCHEDULED FOR ARANSAS COUNTY
Aransas County has received notification that a second round of coronavirus testing will take place on Tuesday, May 12 from 9 am – 5 pm at the Fulton Convention Center/Paws and Taws on Fulton Beach Road. As before, individuals must register in advance and “drop ins’ will be turned away.
Registration will not begin until 8 am on Monday, May 11. Individuals wishing to receive the free test should call 512-883-2400 for a preliminary phone screening and appointment time.
In addition to Texas Department State Health Services, other agencies involved in the program include the National Guard, Texas Department of Emergency Management, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks & Wildlife, and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
Aransas County COVID-19 Update No confirmed cases from previous testing
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services conducted COVID-19 testing in Aransas County. The COVID-19 Drive thru testing was April 23 and 24 at the Fulton Convention Center. Aransas County completed 189 tests and, at this time, we have no confirmed cases from the testing. The Texas Department of Health and Services will only call the County Judge with any positive cases.
TOWN OF FULTON
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Fulton Town Council Chambers, 201 N. 7th Street
VIA ZOOM CONFERENCING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Fulton Town Council will hold a Special Meeting on Wednesday, April 14, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. in the Fulton Town Council Chambers, 201 North Seventh Street, Fulton, Texas.