TOWN OF FULTON
TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
Monday, June 1, 2020 @ 7:00 p.m.
Fulton Council Chambers, 201 N. 7th Street
Printable version 06.01.20 Regular Town Council Agenda (002)
NOTICE is hereby given that the Fulton Town Council will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday,
June 1, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. at the Fulton Town Council Chambers, 201 North Seventh Street, Fulton, Texas. The following subjects will be discussed to wit:
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE –U.S. Flag and Texas Flag
- OBSERVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE/PRAYER
- CITIZENS TO BE HEARD (PUBLIC FORUM) – “At this time, comments will be taken from the audience on any subject matter that is not on the agenda. To address the Council, please sign the Speaker’s Card located on the table located inside the Council Chambers and deliver to the City Secretary before the meeting begins. In accordance with Open Meetings Act, Council may not discuss or take action on any item which has not been posted on the agenda.”
- CONSENT AGENDA – “All consent agenda items listed are considered to be routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council Member so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.”
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove minutes of Regular Meeting of May 18, 2020.
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove Mayor Kendrick’s credit card statement:
7. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Receive a report and recommendation from Jamison McGlasson regarding the bids for the Fulton Pier Replacement project.
- Discuss/Approve/Disapprove bids for the Fulton Pier Replacement project.
- GO INTO CLOSED SESSION:
Convene closed session at_______p.m.
CLOSED MEETING: The Town Council may elect to go into closed session pursuant to Chapter 551, Government Code on any Agenda item where appropriate and particularly Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney) and 551.074 (personnel matters), Government Code. Pursuant to Section 551.087, Government Code; To discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations.
D. RETURN TO OPEN SESSION FROM CLOSED SESSION:
At________p.m. and Discuss/Approve/Disapprove any and all action necessary with regard to the preceding litigation matter(s).
E. Mayor’s update.
- There will be a Neighborhood Watch Meeting held Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at Fulton Community Church, beginning at 6:00 pm.
- The next Regular Fulton Town Council Meeting will be held Monday, June 15, 2020, beginning at 7:00 pm.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s office at 361/729-5533 or by email at email@example.com for further information. Braille Is Not Available. The Town of Fulton reserves the right to convene into Closed Session under Government Code 551.071-551.074 and 551-086.
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at Town Hall, 201 N. Seventh Street, Fulton, Texas, on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. and at the U.S. Post Office located at
301 Cactus Street, Fulton, TX. I further certify that the following News Media were properly notified of this meeting as stated above: The Rockport Pilot.
Stephanie Garcia, City Secretary